The Arab Affairs Department performs the following functions:
1. - To promote and develop bilateral relations between the State of Qatar and Arab States in political, economic, cultural, technical and other domains as well as monitor developments in these countries.
2. To study reports from Qatari diplomatic missions in Arab countries and state opinion on them.
3. To study and follow up issues and reports referred to it on conditions and developments in Arab countries as well as relations between the State of Qatar and Arab countries.
4.To study, assess and evaluate decisions and reports issued by the General Secretariat of the Arab League, state opinion on them and refer them to competent authorities.
5. To follow up and direct Qatari diplomatic missions′ activities in Arab countries.
6. To coordinate, monitor and promote relations with Arab countries′ diplomatic missions in Qatar.
7.To monitor and assess reports published in the Arab press with which the State of Qatar is concerned as well as state opinion on needed procedures or recommendations thereto, in cooperation with MOFA Information and Research Department.
8.To monitor and study bulletins and other publications issued by Arab countries′ missions in Qatar and state views and comments on them.
9.To coordinate with the Arab League and competent authorities in Qatar on Arab Summits as well as various Ministerial meetings and those of specialized organizations and committees, state opinion on topics referred to it and promote cooperation with the Arab League.
10.To monitor decisions issued by the Arab League and its specialized organizations and approved by the State of Qatar as well as prepare reports on progress in regard to the implementation of such decisions.
11.To monitor and coordinate visits by high-ranking Qatari delegations to Arab countries and report on such visits
12.To monitor and coordinate visits by high-ranking delegations from Arab countries to Qatar and report on such visits.
13.To prepare for works of joint committees with Arab countries, take part in them and follow up implementation of decisions adopted by them.
14.To draft agreements with Arab countries, in coordination with MOFA Legal Department.
15.To prepare reports on the State of Qatar′s relations with Arab countries and update such reports.
16.To prepare regularly on Qatari diplomatic missions′ activities in Arab countries.
(last updated: 01-December-2009)
The documentation was gathered with the best efforts of researchers and scholars, in neutral and scientific spirit. We welcome all clarifications, corrections and improvements for best services. A Concept Team makes every effort to ensure, but cannot guarantee, the accuracy at all times of this information. Hyperlinks to or from other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those websites by A Concept. Copyright A Concept mafhoum "the Arab Decision Makers Project"