Arab Decision Header Arab Decision Header

Saudi Arabia \ Commercial Banks \ Arab National Bank Easy printable page

Contact Information
PO Box 56921, Riyadh 11564
Tel: +966 (0)1 402 9000
Fax: +966 (0)1 402 7747
Telex: 402 660 ARNA SJ
General Description
Arab National Bank (ANB) is one of the ten commercial banks in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. ANB was established in 1980 upon Saudisation of the six branches of Arab Bank of Jordan. The Arab Bank had been operating in the Kingdom for 30 years. Arab Bank own 40% of the shares of ANB while the remaining 60% is owned by 5,000 Saudi nationals.
The branch network has grown to 117 branches including one branch in London. In addition ANB has also recognised the impact of non-branch distribution of services, both in terms of customer service and reduced costs. The bank has become a global leader in exploiting technology to serve business needs and its ATMs offer a range of services which we believe to be among the most comprehensive in the world. This is in addition to a wide range of e-Banking services which Arab National Bank is offering to its customers. Arab National Bank is a pioneer in Internet Banking Services in the Kingdom. The Internet Banking Service termed as alarabi-eBank was launched on February 06,2000 and is being utilised by a large number of customers.
At the end of 2001, ANB had total assets of over 10.8 billion US dollars, deposits of 7 billion dollars, a loan portfolio of 3.9 billion dollars, and net worth of 896 million dollars. In 2001 the net income was 130 million dollars.
ANB has a work force of around 1940 employees and is leading the drive towards further Saudisation of its workforce, which stands at 78% while at the same time making optimum use of the best banking and technical practices from around the world.
Arab National Bank was founded in 13/6/1979
Mode of Finance
Legal Status: joint stock
Capital: 400 million USD
Arab Bank 40%
Saudi Shareholders 60%
(last updated: 26-February-2003)

The documentation was gathered with the best efforts of researchers and scholars, in neutral and scientific spirit. We welcome all clarifications, corrections and improvements for best services. A Concept Team makes every effort to ensure, but cannot guarantee, the accuracy at all times of this information. Hyperlinks to or from other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those websites by A Concept.
Copyright A Concept mafhoum "the Arab Decision Makers Project"
Explore More

To Institution List

See more levels:

Search by Country

Find out more on POGAR.ORG
Country Information
Financial Management

Powered and operated by mafhoum