Since its establishment the Faculty adopted a Mission Statement which emphasizes the contribution of the Faculty to the quality of health care by graduating productivepharmacists competent to provide pharmaceutical care in community, hospitals, researching aspects of drug use, and assisting health care providers, public and patients in improving and delivering health care.
Goals and Objectives:
Prepare students to become pharmacy professionals competent to work in hospitals and community pharmacies and in pharmaceutical industry.
1) To provide a high quality accredited professional degree program.
2) To provide clinically oriented pharmaceutical sciences based on rational use of medicines (pharmaceutical preparations) for treatment of diseases.
3) To continue to graduate an "educated pharmacist" not merely a technically qualified professional.
4) To emphasize the need for life-long learning as an integral part of the curriculum.
Establish recognition throughout the country by academia, concerned authorities and public.
1) Provide scientific information dealing with health problems common to the society.
2) Active participation in coursework and teaching to all university departments wherever education about use of medicinals is appropriate.
Refresh and increase knowledge of pharmacy practitioners and other related professionals.
1) To provide the most recent trends in dealing with health problems.
2) To provide refreshing courses.
3) To create a channel of contact between practitioners and academia.
Promote basic and applied research in pharmaceutical sciences and pharmacy practice.
1) Select research proposals that meet needs and direct efforts to meet those needs.
2) Secure financial support for delivery of research.
3) Discover and disseminate knowledge related to drug effectiveness, potential adverse actions, and new methods of provision of primary pharmaceutical care.
The program of the undergraduate study in the Faculty of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Ajman University of Science and Technology leads to the Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) After completion of 150 credit hours .
In addition to this professional degree, the Faculty is planning to offer the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) in the future .
(last updated: 23-August-2004)
The documentation was gathered with the best efforts of researchers and scholars, in neutral and scientific spirit. We welcome all clarifications, corrections and improvements for best services. A Concept Team makes every effort to ensure, but cannot guarantee, the accuracy at all times of this information. Hyperlinks to or from other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those websites by A Concept. Copyright A Concept mafhoum "the Arab Decision Makers Project"