The mission of the Department of Shari ’a is to equip students with the knowledge they need related to Shari ’a and the supporting sciences and to make them
responsible and mature persons capable of serving society.The Department aims to encourage the thinking skills of students by exposing them to the various methods of deduction and fundamentals and showing them how they can be applied to actual social conditions.
The Department of Shari ’a aims to achieve the following objectives:
1. Create a Muslim personality characterized by deep understanding of Islamic Shari ’a,based on the Holy Qur ’an and the Sunna.
2. Prepare specialists in the different branches of Shari ’a,such as the Qur ’an, Sunna,Islamic Jurisprudence,Doctrine and Islamic Call.
3. Provide graduates with good academic qualifications to meet the needs of the U.A.E.,the Emirate of Sharjah and contemporary Islamic society in the fields
of teaching,call,revitalizing tradition and academic research.
4. Prepare students for work in courts as judges,in the Ministries of Endowments and Islamic Affairs,as Imams,Khatibs and teachers in mosques.
5. Prepare students for graduate studies in the various specializations in the fields of Shari ’a.
(last updated: 25-September-2003)
The documentation was gathered with the best efforts of researchers and scholars, in neutral and scientific spirit. We welcome all clarifications, corrections and improvements for best services. A Concept Team makes every effort to ensure, but cannot guarantee, the accuracy at all times of this information. Hyperlinks to or from other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those websites by A Concept. Copyright A Concept mafhoum "the Arab Decision Makers Project"