Activities and Roles of the Department.
1. Preserving Islamic properties (Awqafs), maintaining and developing them and managing their affairs.
2. Developing the roles of the mosque so that it can fulfill its mission in the most appropriate way.
3. Spreading Islamic culture, developing Islamic awareness, supervising the publication of the Holy Quran and other books, controlling the recording of religious tapes and their distribution, establishing centers for the learning of the Holy Quran, preparing and publishing the Hijri and Miladi (Christian) Calendars as well as Al Dia review and producing Fatwa and research works.
4.Preserving Islamic patrimony through study , revival and diffusion. 5.Supervising the department administration, controlling their work and instructing each administration according to its specialization.
6.Supervising the organization of ceremonies and religious conferences in Dubai.
7. Running Dubai religious associations administratively, financially and culturally.
8. Keeping in touch with Islamic centers outside the UAE, namely those which already have a link with Awqaf and Islamic Affairs Dept.
9. Running and watching over the mosques that are constructed by individuals on alienable and unalienable lands.
10. Watching over the mosques that individuals wish to construct in coordination with Dubai Municipality.
11. Organizing haj (Pilgrimage) process.
12. Giving opinion in Shareea matters on request from the concerned authorities.