UAE \ Municipalities \ Dubai Municipality \ Environment & Public Health Sector \ Environment Department \ Environmental Protection and Safety Section
Environmental Protection and Safety Section′s job is to:
- Monitor the levels of pollution in water, air and soil;
- Carry out routine monitoring of creek and marine waters to protect them from pollution;
- Operate an effective hazardous waste disposal permit system;
- Undertake systematic inspection of industrial establishments, monitor industrial safety, assess environmental risks and apply relevant environmental protection regulations;
- Promote public awareness on issues relating to the preservation of the environment;
- Execute regulations concerning the protection of natural life and preserving marine and land sanctuaries.
(last updated: 12-June-2002)
The documentation was gathered with the best efforts of researchers and scholars, in neutral and scientific spirit. We welcome all clarifications, corrections and improvements for best services. A Concept Team makes every effort to ensure, but cannot guarantee, the accuracy at all times of this information. Hyperlinks to or from other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those websites by A Concept. Copyright A Concept mafhoum "the Arab Decision Makers Project"