UAE \ Municipalities \ Abu Dhabi Municipality and City Planning \ Legal Affairs Section (Abu Dhabi Municipality)
Its job is to:
1. Prepare and gather the data and information, documents of court-suits and disputes raised by or against the DEPT at the courts and submit them to the Ministry of Justice, Islamic Affairs and Awqaf to commence court proceedings .
2. Review and verify the complaints and grievances, and carry out the investigations referred to it by the Municipality Administration .
3. Prepare draft laws and local orders organising the work performance at the different divisions of the Dept. as referred to it by the Administration and also draft contracts for projects .
4. Present legal advice on all matters referred to it by the Administration .
5. Follow up the suits submitted by or against the Dept. at the different court grades in cooperation and coordination with the division of legal opinion of the Ministry of Justice, Islamic Affairs & Awqaf.
6. Other legal works referred to it by the Administration .
7. Provide assistance to the Divisions of the Dept. in interpreting the provisions of laws and regulations, and the manner of their application .
Secondly: Services provided by the Legal Affairs Division
to the Public:
1. Interpret Municipality laws as well as all regulations related to the Municipality which may be required by the public or Municipality visitors.
2. Respond to the inquiries of the public as regards violation of Municipal Regulations in respect of Engineering and Health as well as other Municipal Divisions, and determine the penalties resulting from violations.
3. Respond to the public inquiries on contracts concluded with others .
4. Provide legal advice to the members of the public when approaching the dept. for incorporation of business companies and other economical activities as well as advising dept. employees on Civil Service Law.
5. Revise companies/ establishments contracts submitted to the dept. for obtainment of licences in order to ensure that said contracts comply with the Law of Companies, and Law of Economic Activities Lisencing .
(last updated: 24-October-2002)
The documentation was gathered with the best efforts of researchers and scholars, in neutral and scientific spirit. We welcome all clarifications, corrections and improvements for best services. A Concept Team makes every effort to ensure, but cannot guarantee, the accuracy at all times of this information. Hyperlinks to or from other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those websites by A Concept. Copyright A Concept mafhoum "the Arab Decision Makers Project"