UAE \ Municipalities \ Abu Dhabi Municipality and City Planning \ Agriculture Section
Its jobs are the following:
Construction and management of Public Gardens and Parks.
* Planting of trees at areas and roads inside & outside Abu Dhabi city.
*Growing & increasing of decoration trees at nurseries and green houses to meet the requirements of projects.
*Making experiments and researches on fruit trees to select the most suitable for the region.
* Organising & managing agriculture at the remote areas in the western region, along with the roads of Abu Dhabi/ Al Ain, Abu Dbai / Dubai, Abu Dhabi / Al Sila.
* Construction of advanced irrigation networks for the various plantations .
* Construction of lighting and power generating networks at gardens and agricultural lands .
* Construction of main and subsidiary water supply lines for providing irrigation water .
*The drilling of wells by mechanical means at remote areas for providing irrigating water .
*Construction of water tanks with huge capacity of upto 2.5 million gallons.
* Protection from, and control of pests by skilled staff specialized in the field of plant protection.
*Production of in-door plants, and their distribution to establishments and individuals, as well as selling them through specified outlets.
*Establishing of farms for animal fodders at the remote areas for development of the animal resources.
* Construction of farms at the remote areas and their equipping with all necessary requirements.
*In the field of agricultural enlightenment, books and publications on planting are issued and distributed among all parties concerned with agriculture.
*Taking part in agricultural exhibitions, festivals and symposiums at local and international levels .
(last updated: 24-October-2002)
The documentation was gathered with the best efforts of researchers and scholars, in neutral and scientific spirit. We welcome all clarifications, corrections and improvements for best services. A Concept Team makes every effort to ensure, but cannot guarantee, the accuracy at all times of this information. Hyperlinks to or from other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those websites by A Concept. Copyright A Concept mafhoum "the Arab Decision Makers Project"