The company was established according to the Decree of the Khedewi Mohamed Tawfik in 1885. The company was a pioneer in the introduction of paper converting industries and modern printing in Egypt which spread afterwards to the rest of the Arab World. The company was located in Moharrem Bek Alexandria then in 1956 it was moved to Nozha Area next to Alexandria. The company printed various items like shares and pamphlets playing cards, and it printed paper money for Syria and Lebanon in the 1950s, the company was nationalized partially in 1961 then fully in 1963. The company is now an affiliate of the Holding Company for Chemical Industries as per law 203 for 1991. It has 5 factories: the corrugated board plant, the gummed paper plant, sheet press and finishing departments, reel fed presses department, playing cards plant.
Government owned enterprises under Law 203
Mode of Finance
Public Entrp 100%
Paid Up Capital 25 Millions LE
No. of Shares 2 500 000
(last updated: 23-August-2003)
The documentation was gathered with the best efforts of researchers and scholars, in neutral and scientific spirit. We welcome all clarifications, corrections and improvements for best services. A Concept Team makes every effort to ensure, but cannot guarantee, the accuracy at all times of this information. Hyperlinks to or from other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those websites by A Concept. Copyright A Concept mafhoum "the Arab Decision Makers Project"