The company was established in 1934 as a privately owned company and started operating in 1940 after the construction of its factories in Tabia, West of Alexandria. It started with 2 machines, then 4 machines were added during the years 1945, 1959, 1965, and 1976. The company was nationalized in 1961 and became a fully owned state company. In 1971, Alexandria paper company (ALBA) was incorporated into NPC. During the years 1985 to 1987 the companies renewed the 4th and the 5th lines of production in addition to the lines for paper paste preparation and the materials and services lines through a World Bank Loan. The company′s production line is notably varied (20 types of paper) in addition to the printing paper and the Craft Liner which have good standards. The number of employees are 1564 employees. It is considered the first name in Egypt since 9 years for producing paper and board with an annual capacity of 57,500 tons for all purposes. The company′s major client is Watan Pack company in Saudi Arabia. The company imports pulp, chemicals and dyes.
Founded in 1934
Government owned enterprises under Law 203, part of Holding for Chemical Industries
Mode of Finance
Paid Up Capital 30 MLE
Number of Shares 6 millions
(last updated: 02-July-2003)
The documentation was gathered with the best efforts of researchers and scholars, in neutral and scientific spirit. We welcome all clarifications, corrections and improvements for best services. A Concept Team makes every effort to ensure, but cannot guarantee, the accuracy at all times of this information. Hyperlinks to or from other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those websites by A Concept. Copyright A Concept mafhoum "the Arab Decision Makers Project"