Areas of activity:
Applied science and technology: Water resources, channel maintenance and weed control
Mission and objectives:
The main goals of the Institute are as follows:
- Determining the magnitude of aquatic weed problems and the best technical, economically feasible and environmentally safe methods of controlling weeds in canals;
- Designing canals and drains to meet the hydraulics and irrigation requirements with the least possibility of weed invasion;
- Conducting field studies of maintenance problems for irrigation and drainage networks in order to find out the best design methods from b0th technical and economical points of view;
- Conducting different experiments on hatching the grass cape which are used for biological control;
- Weed monitoring before and after stocking and determining the physic-chemical characteristics of water which influence the health of grass carp and their nutritional needs.
(last updated: 11-June-2002)
The documentation was gathered with the best efforts of researchers and scholars, in neutral and scientific spirit. We welcome all clarifications, corrections and improvements for best services. A Concept Team makes every effort to ensure, but cannot guarantee, the accuracy at all times of this information. Hyperlinks to or from other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those websites by A Concept. Copyright A Concept mafhoum "the Arab Decision Makers Project"