1.Perform a comprehensive survey of the land s of Jordan. And fixing their borders, settling differences on land, and issuing Cadastral maps.
2. Registration of land property rights, maintaining them and facilitating their use.
3. Establishment and maintenance of triangulation network of fourth and fifth orders based on the national geodetic network which was built by the royal Jordanian Geographic Center (RJGC)
4. Performance of land registration transactions and fixing due fees and collecting them.
5. Administration, guarding, follow-up, renting, assignment and appropriation of treasury lands, and misappropriation of land for public interest.
6. Comprehensive valuation of land, and maintaining it for the purposes of registration transactions.
7. Registration land property data and keeping them.
8. Development of land information base, and maintaining it to serve as abase for a national information system.
9. Organizing the practice of licensed surveyors and land agents.
The name of lands department appeared in 30/9/1929 often unifying the surveying department, treasury land department, and services of land and registration on the other hand the land department, the forests branch the buildings and lands section, and the soil analysis lab. Were unified it was attached to the prime ministry, and an English official was assigned by the Mandatory Government to presidio it.
After unification of Trans Jordan and the west bank, the lands and Survey Departments in the two banks were unified, its headquarters was in Amman and it became responsible for the registration directorates throughout the country, in 1952 and 1953 most of the laws concerning land and water settlement, registration, etc…. Were enacted and applied in the two banks.
(last updated: 16-October-2002)
The documentation was gathered with the best efforts of researchers and scholars, in neutral and scientific spirit. We welcome all clarifications, corrections and improvements for best services. A Concept Team makes every effort to ensure, but cannot guarantee, the accuracy at all times of this information. Hyperlinks to or from other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those websites by A Concept. Copyright A Concept mafhoum "the Arab Decision Makers Project"