Damascus International Fair is one of the oldest fairs in the Middle East, and it was established on 13/09/1955, by law no.40, the fair exhibition was launched in 1954.
Damascus International Fair is:
* UFI full member since 1958.
* UFI Steering committee member since 1978.
* An organizing member of Afro-Asian association for international fairs.
* The fair was a point of meeting between East and West, and effective means reinforcing the commercial relations between Syria and many countries in the world.
* The title of Damascus International Fair was amended by the decree no. 68, dated 29/01/01, to be Public Establishment for International Fairs and Exhibitions (PEIFE).
* In addition to organizing of Damascus International Fair, PEIFE then became responsible for supervising on all specialized exhibitions in Syria and organizing Syrian participations in the external Fairs and organizing Syrian participations in the external Fairs and organizing Syrian Markets abroad.
* PEIFE is in charge of issuing the lottery of Damascus International Fair, which is the only lottery in Syria.
* The new Fairground will be opened on 03/09/2003, the whole space is 1,200,000 sqm, and it is one of the largest Fairgrounds in the region, including all facilities and services in the modern style Fairground.
* Pavilions specialized to exhibit the Syrian Industry.
* Pavilion of Handicrafts, where deep rootedness of past and magic of present represented by the amazing exhibits.
* Pavilions to be built directly through the Arab and Foreign countries and companies.
* Halls for VIP and lectures.
* Mr. Imad AL-ZOUBI the Chairman General Director is:
-Vice Chairman of UFI Asia, Australia and Middle East chapter.
-Board member of AUIEC, Director of the regional bureau.
(last updated: 06-May-2004)
The documentation was gathered with the best efforts of researchers and scholars, in neutral and scientific spirit. We welcome all clarifications, corrections and improvements for best services. A Concept Team makes every effort to ensure, but cannot guarantee, the accuracy at all times of this information. Hyperlinks to or from other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those websites by A Concept. Copyright A Concept mafhoum "the Arab Decision Makers Project"