The Youth Development Department is designed to help young people between 15 and 25 years of Age. The central goal of the projects is to provide Palestinian Jerusalem youth a spectrum of opportunities both locally and internationally. This will be achieved through the following means:
- Encourage cooperation and networking among and between Youth Institutions in Jerusalem
- Work together with local and international Youth organizations on youth issues, through youth exchanges, work camps and trainings
- Empower the youth to take their part in the building process of democratic civil society in Palestine
- Help the youth institutions in planning programs, fundraising and finding partners for their activities
- Reinforce effective principles and strategies of collective work
- Activate a dynamic network for the exchange and diffusion of experience among various youth sector in the field of culture, education and social development
- Enhance and developing collective field experiments through a strategy of joint practice
The Youth Development Department (YDD) was established in June 2000, as an initiative supported by the late Mr. Faisal Husseini (PLO Executive Committee Member in Charge of Jerusalem Affairs) in order to support and protect the Palestinian institutions in Jerusalem, and also to note for the important role played by the youth and their institutions in Jerusalem.
(last updated: 06-October-2005)
The documentation was gathered with the best efforts of researchers and scholars, in neutral and scientific spirit. We welcome all clarifications, corrections and improvements for best services. A Concept Team makes every effort to ensure, but cannot guarantee, the accuracy at all times of this information. Hyperlinks to or from other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those websites by A Concept. Copyright A Concept mafhoum "the Arab Decision Makers Project"