College of Sharia and Islamic Studies - University of Sharjah
P.O. Box 27272, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
+971 (6) 5050161
+971 (6) 5050685
The mission of the College is to :
1. Build up a generation that is proud of its religion and has a well-rounded understanding of its teachings,a generation that is equipped with specialist knowledge so that it can endeavor to implant Islamic values in society.
2. Develop Muslim personalities that are balanced with respect to both the Shari ’a and the Law.
3. Deepen its students’ knowledge of Shari ’a and Islamic Studies.
4. Prepare its graduates to play a leading role in society and raise the religious and legal consciousness of their communities.
5. Provide a unique opportunity for its students to deepen their understanding of the teachings of the Shari ’a and the tenets of modern civil law.
The college of Shari ’a and Islamic Studies designed its programs to achieve the following objectives:
1. Provide its students with a detailed and in-depth understanding of the Shari ’a or Islamic law and law in general.
2. Give a comprehensive view of legal knowledge to its students.
3. Expose its students to the inner workings of the legal system by involving students in the actual court proceedings and the justice system.
4. Graduate future lawyers and judges who can meet the needs of the justice system in the country.
5. Prepare students for graduate work in Shari ’a and Law and enable them to serve the greater community of the Arab and Islamic countries.
6. Graduate students who can devote themselves to missionary work spreading the sciences of the Qur ’an and Sunna in the world
The College of Shari ’a and Islamic Studies has one department and offers one (B.A.) Bachelor Degree with two concentrations:
B.A..in Shari ’a (Jurisprudence and its Fundamentals)
B.A.in Shari ’a (Fundamentals of Religion)
(last updated: 25-September-2003)
The documentation was gathered with the best efforts of researchers and scholars, in neutral and scientific spirit. We welcome all clarifications, corrections and improvements for best services. A Concept Team makes every effort to ensure, but cannot guarantee, the accuracy at all times of this information. Hyperlinks to or from other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those websites by A Concept. Copyright A Concept mafhoum "the Arab Decision Makers Project"