In 1938, the nucleus of the Alexandria University had its beginning in the form of two satellite faculties of Fouad 1 University. These were the faculties of Arts and Law. The faculty of Engineering was then established in 1941.
In the light of the need for developing more disciplines for higher learning and with a view towards meeting the need of the people of Alexandria, Alexandria University, formerly known as Farouk 1 University, became a separate entity in August 1942 with four additional faculties: Science, Commerce, Medicine and Agriculture.
The documentation was gathered with the best efforts of researchers and scholars, in neutral and scientific spirit. We welcome all clarifications, corrections and improvements for best services. A Concept Team makes every effort to ensure, but cannot guarantee, the accuracy at all times of this information. Hyperlinks to or from other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those websites by A Concept. Copyright A Concept mafhoum "the Arab Decision Makers Project"