Ajman University of Science & Technology aims at providing the society with competent graduates who can deal with modem technologies and their application in the development programs. The University offers students modernized teaching & learning methodologies adaped and customized to the values, tradition & needs of the society.
AUST also bridges the gap between the academic realm and business society through emphasizing the concept of education, research, training, consultancy & practice.
Goals & Objectives :
1. To enable students to achieve high personal and professional goals and to assume leadership roles through its programs and professional study.
2. To help students in adapting their knowledge, training and skills. To the needs of real people whenever they work or serve.
3. To foster the development of critical thinking and lifelong learning skills, which help students adapt to evolving bodies of knowledge.
4. To clarify the importance of ethical behavior, responsibility, standards & ideals within a profession.
5. To promote the educational programs through curricular and extra-curricular activities.
6. To support and stimulate teaching and learning by providing an environment in which instruction and research can flourish.
7. To emphasize the importance of securing a broad-based frame-work for quality assurance, involving support units as well as academic departments and informed by internal and external perceptions.
8. To provide degree programs which prepare graduates for the world of work and to concentrate its attention on research which integrates basic research with its application to real problems.
9. To develop the university′s research capabilities within the context of applied learning, and provide a learning environment for students and staff that meets both their needs and enables them to perform to the highest standards.
On 15/9/1988, the College received its first intake of students. AUST was recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research on the the 3rd of May 1994 in accordance with the decree of the ministry No. (54) of 1994 and the decree No. (54) of 1997 to become Ajman University of Science and Technology, AUST. AUSt is a founding member of the Association of Arab Private Institutions for Higher Education and the Euro Arab Research Network. On the 13th of April 1999 AUST was accepted as an active member within the Association of Arab Universities.
The documentation was gathered with the best efforts of researchers and scholars, in neutral and scientific spirit. We welcome all clarifications, corrections and improvements for best services. A Concept Team makes every effort to ensure, but cannot guarantee, the accuracy at all times of this information. Hyperlinks to or from other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those websites by A Concept. Copyright A Concept mafhoum "the Arab Decision Makers Project"